Something to say

Friday, December 30, 2011

Exchange Stories Vol. 011




"AIESEC provided me the platform to learn and discover on many different levels during my 6 weeks exchange in Dalian."

On the working front, AIESEC also offered me the opportunity to experience a global learning environment, as I worked with AIESEC members from Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, America, Vietnam, and last but certainly not least, CHINA!


Red Cross China first shared their HIV/AIDS knowledge with us before we went out on our first workshop at a primary school in Dalian. For the following weeks, we had workshops in the middle schools and universities too. =)

Presenting Malaysia's culture was also an experience gained while I worked on the Red Wings HIV/AIDS project there. I learnt and appreciated our country so much more when I did our nation's cultural presentation. Introducing Shanghai Expo to primary school students, learning about the Empower Your Green Dream Project as well as Indonesia's culture also made my internship experience more diverse.


On a personal level, I learnt to be more independent, to plan, to be more trusting, to adapt in unfamiliar situations and most importantly to learn everything with an open mind.

I learnt about the cultural aspects of China, such as daily manners, widely accepted traditions or Chinese hospitality. That was nothing short of eye-opening. Staying with a Chinese family gave me hands-on experience of such aspects. The Dalian AIESEC members were more than welcoming; they made my integration to China's environment a seamless and enjoyable one. =D

Watch Lawrence's Exchange in Dalian video!


" LIFE-ENRICHING would be the one word to sum up my awesome AIESEC exchange experience in Dalian! "



To know more about AIESEC exchange opportunities, do log on to




0 comments: